My Most Inspiring Travel Blogs of 2015



Travelling is a totally unique and personal experience, hurtling us into a world of pure adventure and potential; sometimes we just need a little push, a friendly insight and some motivational encouragement to embrace the unknown and start experiencing life outside of the box. There is no better time to reflect back on the year than at the very end. As we are now approaching the end of January, and we now finally over the most depressing time of the year, I felt it necessary to look back at the top three blogs that have truly inspired me to make my 2016 an incredibly adventurous year.

Gapyear.com


The world can appear a very daunting place if you embark on an adventure abroad without reading useful resources to prepare for you for what lies ahead; being a keen writer and avid blogger, I regularly read and follow the stories on Gapyear.com, not only does it take me back to my gap year days, it also inspires me to plan my next trip. This blog really is the beating heart of travel knowledge, continuously covering the stories of travelling junkies and those who love to talk about the world just as much as me!

Backpackers update and share their stories from across the world regularly and I lap it up, it is the glimmer of hope I often need so desperately when waiting for the bus on a wet Tuesday morning.

Although we are all very much in the middle of winter, it’s common for many people to seek and research their next adventure when the New Year comes. I’m already seeing past the roast dinners and torrential rain and hoping to plan a trip later on this year to the USA.
Having previously travelled to the USA, and having had the incredible experience of an American summer camp, it truly was an incredible life changing experience. Thanks to the nature of American summer camps, making friends is never an issue. After discovering Gapyear’s travel forum, I felt inspired, and confident that I too can meet and make friends with like-minded people who wish to gain a similar experience to myself.  

With life’s continuous demands and the ever growing pressure to keep up, it can very quickly become a difficult task convincing friends that packing up and travelling is the best option right now.  The tailored and friendly message boards allow for many, a whole new potential to make the move and travel.

After all, many experiences are best shared. Let’s face it, there is a time limit as to how long you can keep people interested and excited about your trip if they for one, were not there, or secondly, have no interest in life outside of your home-town.



Beers and Beans


Beth and Randy dedicate their life to bringing us all better travel experiences. It’s clearly important to them that we get it right, and it’s certainly important to me that they continue this motion. I know you’re already interested because who doesn’t like beer, perhaps not so much the beans but we’ll take the beer.

They have a truly personal style of documenting their travels, making the whole process feel very natural and inviting; at the heart of everything they share is creativity, this blog oozes creativity and attention to detail.

Apart from being insanely cool and living the dream as a travelling couple, Beth and Randy also find time to volunteer on the road as they go. Fitting work into your travelling plans is a trick that doubles your potential when being the keen voyeuristic explorer that you are. Thanks to their travel resources page, we have access to copious amounts of relevant information for those interested in working and volunteering or perhaps extra insider tips.




Emily Luxton Travels


How I envy this girl’s lifestyle! Again, this is a very personal style of blog documentation, truly immersive and addictive; Emily’s beautifully crafted images make this blog for me, hence why it’s in my top three.

Although a lover of words, images allow you to relay your own totally unique spin on something. Despite not being present in any of the photography on this blog, I feel a connection and a yearning for it.  Emily shares a similar nerdy approach to life that I can relate to, she is a self-confessed secret geek, which so beautifully shines through everything she writes and shoots.

For those of you seeking new possibilities in 2016, I hope this aids you when making that crucial decision. I guarantee wherever you go, you will see beautiful scenes and experience tonnes of new things.

I can’t stress just how important it is to feel prepared and fuelled with insider knowledge. Take advantage of the resources on offer, meet new people, find a travelling buddy and a friend for the future. You may currently be alone with your potential plans to see the world but there is a home online for you out there, bursting with useful information and friendly faces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Moments with Hot Air Balloon Rides

How To Throw the Ultimate Uni House Party

Staycation: Embracing the Sun in the UK